Welcome from the Chair/Chief of the Department of Pediatrics
Welcome to the Pediatric Residency Program at McMaster University!
Our program is committed to providing the best education possible for our residents, teaching skills in the areas of clinical medicine, research and education.
The biggest strength of our program is our faculty, who possess a wide range of expertise, and encourage the culture of collegiality and collaboration found within our Department. McMaster University is home to some of the world experts in evidence-based medicine, and has many leading researchers who are committed to promoting the research activities of our trainees. Our faculty regard residency education as a priority, and are always available for mentorship.
Our residents are highly valued and play a critical role in the care we provide at McMaster Children’s Hospital. The Hospital serves a population of more than 1.5 million people, allowing our trainees to obtain exposure to a diverse spectrum of illnesses and gain valuable experience in a variety of clinical departments. We also emphasise the importance of educational excellence, and encourage our residents to become active clinical educators themselves.
At the end of the program, our graduates are well trained and fully prepared to take the next step of their academic and professional careers.
The pediatric residency program offers many exciting possibilities, and I invite you to learn more about our program and the opportunities that are available to you at McMaster University.
Dr. Angelo Mikrogianakis,
Chair/Chief, Department of Pediatrics
Upcoming News and Events
- Nov 6, 2019 - MCQ/SAQ during Half Day
- Nov 8, 2019 - Fall OSCE (PGY2-4) (Residents should be excused from clinical duties at midnight the night prior)
- Nov 13, 2019 - Practial Neonatology Conference - Hamilton Golf & Country Club
Jan 8-12, 2020 - Canadian Paediatric Review Program, Hamilton Convention Centre, Register online at: http://www.paediatricreview.ca
- CaRMS 2020 - Jan 21(IMG), Jan 30(CMG), Jan 31(CMG)
- Feb 10 - 14, 2020 - Resident Awareness Week
- Feb 28, 2020 - STACER
- Mar 24/25, 2020 - Royal College written exams
- Mar 25, 2020 - Child Health Research Day
- April 24, 2020 - Spring OSCE (PGY2-4 ONLY) (Residents should be excused from clinical duties at midnight the night prior)
- May 6, 2020 - National Pediatric Residents and Fellowship Research Conference - David Braley Health Sciences Centre
- May 29, 2020 - STACER
- June 10/11, 2020 - Royal College OSCE
- June 17, 2020 - Resident Appreciation Event - Hamilton Golf & Country Club
- July 8, 2020 - General Pediatrics In-Training Exam (PGY1s & 2s)
- July 15, 2020 - General Pediatrics In-Training Exam (PGY3s)
McMaster Pediatric Residency Training Program
Statement of Dignity and Inclusion
- We are committed to building a safe and inclusive space where diversity is celebrated.
- We recognize, value and encourage celebration of human differences that surround us.
- We ask all members of our community to participate in fostering this spirit.
Any expressions of bigotry, hatred, prejudice or disrespect are inconsistent with the ideals of preserving human dignity and our goal of cultivating the human potential in everyone, and have no place in our community.
It is important that we expressly note that all members of our community including aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex trainees are welcome in our program.
[View document version of the Statement of Dignity and Inclusion]